Wednesday 12 January 2011

Oh My Amazon

I am too much of a Fashion Journalism kid to deny mself some nice thick coffee table books. 
With a little bit of Christmas and birthday money in hand I did the inevitable: go on an Amazon shopping binge. Being an all or nothing kind of gal has its financial drawbacks I tell ya. But hey at least they were a little bit on sale!
Behold my shopping cart:
 
Avedon Fashion 1944-2000
 
Admittedly, I am not as obsessed with Avedon as I am say with Newton, but considering Richard was one of the biggest fashion photographers ever, I couldn't resist.
 
The Golden Age of Couture: Paris and London 1947-1957
 
Based on the exhibition at the Victoria & Albert museum (and having flicked through it at a Christian Dior illustration exhibition at the Somerset House) I thought this would be an old-school glamourous little investment.
 

Influence
 
Okay, so maybe being an Olsen fan is a little cliched or done, but the interviews with John Galliano and Karl Lagerfeld were reason enough to get it.

Helmut Newton: Sumo
 
Even though it might be crazy to spend such an amount on a book, the fact that Newton's images are so timeless and iconic made it worth every penny.
 

Guy Bourdin: In Between

Although Bourdin might be big on the hidden sexual messages, there is something about his photography that to me screams stylish.
 
All images via amazon.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...