Wednesday 1 June 2011

Givenchy Without Tisci?

With Twitterverse and our little friend WWW abuzz with the news that Tisci will officially be taking over the helms at Dior (I know I have been dying, for better use of generic fashion word, to know who will be replacing Galliano), I can't help but wonder how my significant other Givenchy will fare without Riccardo.
 
That aside, I think Tisci's romantic gothicism could be translated well into the Dior brand, although I still think Galliano's flamboyant self was a nearly perfect fit. Tisci has proved his hand at couture many times over as well, so taking the reins at such a huge empire should not be a problem, and considering the fact that Dior is big on the accessories, I'm sure he can come up with a Nightingale equivalent for the house.

If rumours are the thing to go by, Haider Ackermann will probably replace Tisci at Givenchy. Ackermann has been on my 'Designers I Love' list for quite a while now, so no worries there. 
 
Still, my heart weeps over what will be the end of a glorious era at Givenchy. Now excuse me while I go through all those past beauties on style.com and drown my Macbook Pro in tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...