Sunday 11 October 2009

Overknee Boots







So I know I'm a little late on this one but I have been obsessed with overknee boots/thigh highs/over-the-knee boots lately, despite seriously doubting that my German sausage thighs would fit into them.

And the one that started it all: Nicholas Kirkwood for Rodarte Fall/Winter RTW 2009:




Also pretty awesome are these Gucci Fall 09 boots:


But what is it exactly that keeps you from looking like Julia Roberts in "Pretty Woman" when wearing thigh highs? Although I personally think those safety pinned shoes Vivian wore were pretty awesome, it's not really the look you want to go for.
I think that a more rounded rather than pointy toe shoe is good and the leather has to be of a good quality aka not to PVC-ish. Also, I would pair them with either leggings,jeans or a more flouncy skirt, since overknees and bodycon clothes together is a little too much for my taste.
How do you like your overknees?


Knowing that I couldn't afford one of those shoes even if I sold my liver on the black market for them, it's time to start scouting for a cheaper alternative, aka those "Britany2" boots from Topshop that are sold out everywhere. Off we go...







Image via topshop.com
All other images via google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...