Saturday 14 November 2009

Jimmy Choo for H&M

The Jimmy Choo x H&M collaboration hits stores todays. I am not going to go to H&M in order to save my sanity and wallet. Although, I have to admit I am a bit underwhelmed by the collection. Yes, the shoes and bags and clothes look pretty cool but I find them a bit too expensive for what they really are (hello head these are Jimmy Choo shoes for around 80 quid!). I don't know but especially in the bags department, I think: why pay such steep prices for high street stuff?  I guess my head is kind of somewhere else today, because these pieces aren't that much more expensive than other stuff from the likes of H&M and Topshop.
Speaking of collaborations, which have spread like the swine flu, I do regret not getting my paws on a Karl Lagerfeld/ H&M piece back in 2004. I do like the idea of getting designer pieces for a cheaper price, but sometimes I feel like the fabrics and cuts just aren't right, I'm not going to by something just because it is a collaboration piece; it has to appeal to me on that fit and value level.
What do you think of the collection dear reader?
What are your thoughts on high street collaborations?




Pics via nymag.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...