Saturday 17 April 2010

The Outnet Birthday Sale

As many of you have probably heard by now, yesterday marked the Outnet's (a designer discount shopping site) one year anniversary and to celebrate, they let you grab one item for only a quid. I, not letting this parking slip through my chubby little fingers, got up at six in the morning and about an hour and 20 minutes later the madness started. I was able to get something within about 15 minutes but literally just a few minutes after that the website crashed. Phew, talk about a close call. Did anyone else get participate in the sale?
A lot of internet ruckus has been made about the website crashing and the sale being over-advertised, leaving a lot of people having to wait for an hour or so after which almost everything was sold out. Even shopping online it felt quite hectic, but at least there was no elbow jabbing or an American Apparel warehouse style situation like the one on Brick Lane. Good sales bring out the worst primate in us humans, don't you think?
Anyway, here's my prized treasure: a Phi silk and paillette panelled dress. Didn't realised this baby was sheer on the sides, but hey nothing a white tank dress can't fix (au commando ain't really my style, although I think a peek of black lace boy shorts underneath wouldn't look horrible either). I love how it's sporty (but maybe too sporty?) yet chic. What do you guys think, could this baby pass in a black tie event (not that I'll have one to go to, but you know, just in case)?
Another appealing point of this dress is that Phi is now a debunk label, so it feels extra special to have a piece from a brand that unfortunately won't be manufacturing clothes anymore, at least not for a while. Yay collector's piece.





Images via theoutnet.com and style.com

2 comments:

  1. Ooh lovely! Well done for battling through! I wasted a lot of time on the constantly crashing site and managed to get lots of things in my basket but it kept signing me out as I was putting my shipping address in... Very un-organised and un-prepared methinks...

    tweet tweet tweet

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea! So glad u were lucky enough to get something! And it is gorgeous!!

    xxx
    t

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...