Saturday 15 May 2010

Go Gaudi

I got pretty excited when seeing an editorial from this month's issue of Elle France, as it was shot in the Gaudi Park in Barcelona, where I had been once myself on a class trip. While Antoni Gaudi's work may not be everyone's piece of cake, I love its fantasy/whimsical element bordering on kitsch/weird. You be the judge:


La Sagrada Familia: a church with four different sides and since 1883 has been under construction (believe me the thing is huuuuggeee).


The Casa Mila: only got to see the entrance inside, but its just as whimsical as the outside. If I were ever to move to Barcelona (which I wouldn't because my Spanish sucks, but never say never), I would either want to move into this beauty or an old school Gothic type apartment with balcony. Me and my wallet don't think alike.

And now to Elle's editorial. Like I said, I love the setting and the clothes ain't too shabby either, but it was the Gaudi part that got me all excited. Erin Heatherton, photographed by Derek Kettela styled by Elissa Cannelle Castelbou.









All images via google.com and fashiongonerogue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...