Thursday 1 July 2010

Alexander McQueen Resort 2011

I know I've spewed out a shitload of stuff on the resort collections, but this one was too important not to post about.
In the process of doing a Runway Retrospective post for this blog, I realised what a talented visionary Alexander McQueen was and shook my head at myself for not noticing/loving his work sooner. I still find it extremely sad that we will never see another one of his astonishing collections (not to mention the personal tragedy that it is not something I am in a position to judge or write about).
This is Sarah Burton's first full womenswear collection (she finished the remaining parts of the Fall collection after McQueen's death) and I have to say she is a wonderful successor for McQueen. Although his work can never be equaled, Burton employs similar sharp tailoring mixed with romantic fabrics and miniscule details. 
You can judge for yourself, but I give her two thumbs up.































All images via style.com

2 comments:

  1. All the dresses are cool and awesome. My heart is going to buy them. I very much freak for all fashionable dresses.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...