Thursday 17 December 2009

La Bella Natalia

These pictures are from an editorial featuring Natalia Vodianova and photographed by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott for the US Vogue March 2004 issue.
Didn't find all of the pictures from the editorial but here are the ones I could get.
I love this old school glamour, makes me wish I lived in the twenties,thirties or fifties (the forties were a bit utilitarian for obvious reasons so...), I know this ed is definitely fifties based, but I always gush when I think of how much effort women put into their everyday looks and how feminine they looked. Now it's like you throw on a pair of jeans, maybe put your hair in a bun and that's it (I don't mean that in a preachy or snooty way, I myself have gotten extremely lazy in getting ready so I'm not one to talk).
What's your take on everyday glamour? Do you think one can look glamourous in a pair of jeans or do you miss the ultra-feminine styles of past decades (or do you see them as part of women being suppressed)?







































All images via thefashionspot.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...