Thursday 10 December 2009

Runway Retrospective


I am a huge fan of what Nicolas Ghesquière has done with the Balenciaga label. He has totally revamped it in my opinion and I am always excited to see what designs he will come up with next. Yes, the clothes might be a little crazy sometimes or not that wearable, but for me, it's more about the design itself (not that I could ever afford to wear one of  Ghesquière's designs but I guess that's the case with 99 percent of the clothes that I like). The pieces he designs are sexy, crazy and different and I figure the type of woman that wears his clothes has to have a pretty good amount of confidence and that certain oomph.

Spring 2006 RTW































Lots of white, cream and greys. Very beautiful and feminine.

Fall 2006 RTW































Try to ignore the riding helmets. This was the collection with those monstrous platform ankle boots that were later made by Sam Edelmann (the ones that all bloggers are trying to get their hands on and it was even relaunched a couple of months ago). Beautiful preppy with a twist pieces.

Spring 2007 RTW










Would love to have those gold plated leggings in my closet. Amazing futuristic pieces.

Fall 2007 RTW






The ultimate in luxe casual hippie/preppy dressing.

Spring 2008 RTW







Very innovative shapes and even preceding the whole shoulder volume trend.

Fall 2008 RTW (my personal favourite!)














The most kick-ass interpretations of the LBD I've ever seen.

Spring 2009 RTW











Futuristic girly and sparkly little (thousand dollar) party dresses.

Fall 2009 RTW










Parisian chic. I especially love the peekaboo lace bras.

Spring 2010 RTW















Crazy city glamazon.

All images via style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...