Friday 19 March 2010

Le Parisian Roundup: Part Un

As I suck hopelessly on weeding out runway collections (I just like all of them too much *shrug*) I had to split up the runway shows from Paris. Don't worry you've almost made it through it all, dear readers...

A.F. Vandevorst: so cool. Awesome belts and colours, plus I love any oversized knit a la Giles Deacon at the moment.

Akris: uuhhmmm...nice clothes?! Not really too eloquent today, but anyone that makes a coat out of a quilted blanket gets the thumbs up.

Ann Demeulemeester: This lady knows how to work the feathers like no one else. Really like her stuff.

Balenciaga: Not my favourite collection to date. Was a bit heavy on the sweet factor in my opinion. I like my Nicholas G. more edgy and futuristic.

Celine: officewear, edgy chic minimalism.

Chloe: nude-y goodness. Love how it's all the same colour palette but not boring.


Christian Dior: buttery soft leather made feminine. John Galliano you rock!

Collette Dinnigan: the collection on a whole was a bit "pretty and not much else" but the final dresses are amazing in my opinion.

Comme des Garcons- read a feature on Rei Kawakubo in Another magazine this week and it's made me like her even more. Love how she does her own crazy, volume thing.

Dries Van Noten- does just the most amazing, feminine, artsy clothes.

Elie Saab: the master of intricate glamour gowns.


Emanuel Ungaro: Without Lilo on the "designer" bandwagon, things are looking up. Hope that doesn't sound mean, as I am secretly rooting for her to clean up her act and make a comeback, but a designer she is not.

Giambattista "The Master Of Volume" Valli: amazing. My grading scala of giving the collections I like more a greater number of pictures explains itself here folks.



Giles: interesting deets. But had a lot of brown in the collection which is my love/hate colours so...

Givenchy: the touches of red and feathers are tres cool.

Haider Ackermann: love how he does the Rick Owens-esque look. Draped and sliced cool looks.

Hermes: If Sherlock Holmes had a cooler sister, she would wear this.

Ann Valerie Hash- those "layered" trousers are so cool. And anything sheer is good in my book.

Hussein "Avant-Garde" Chalayan: Those dresses remind me of galaxies.

Issey "Urban Cool" Miyake: loads of wrapped scarves worn as tops and trashbag-ish trousers? Sounds good to me.

John " I Love Drama" Galliano: designs for the anti-wallflower.

Jean Paul "I'm Adorable" Gaultier: Suprised by how much I liked this collection even though it is so far from being "my thing". Guess I have fallen for the charms of JPG.

Karl "I'm Eccentric" Lagerfeld: To be honest, the only reason I liked this collection was because of the PVC trousers. Okay not the only reason, but it didn't blow me out of the water. Why do I get the feeling that designers collections for their own label are not as good as those for others?

All images via style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...