Saturday 13 March 2010

What Milan Made...

Rolling on with the permanently late runway posts, here are the collections from Milan.

Alberta Ferreti- lovely pastel colours and beautiful dresses with tons of deets.

Bottega Veneta- I am really liking the idea of coloured leather trousers and shell tops. The red colours look amazing.

Dolce & Gabanna-loved this collection. So feminie and wearable (okay maybe not that wearable considering the body under see through lace look wouldn't exactly work in the office). Thumbs up, and that's coming from a non D&G fan.


Dsquared- although the clothes were leaning a bit too much towards streetwalker at times for my taste, how cool does that veiny arm and the cobweb top look?

Emilio Pucci- the darker side of psychedelic chic. Me likes.

Emporio Armani- a lot better than the snoozeworthy Giorgio collection. Really liking the pastel colour palette and relaxed shapes.

Jil Sander- the message behind a label like Jil Sander is that you don't need layers and layers of clothes, accessories and crazy hair to look good. Minimalism done right without looking boring. I like your thinking Mr. Raf Simons.

Marni- love love love. I am so ready to be frumpified and wear the granny look. Calf length socks, pastel colours and clothes a la maggie Gyllenhaal in Secretary. Now all I need are a pair of heavy rimmed glasses and I'm good to go.

Missoni- I am still hoping to own a piece of this label's knitwear at some point in my life. Looks so cozy and cool.


Moschino- before you scream out "what the fuck is she thinking?" let me tell you that this collection reminds me of bad nineties fashion and would perfectly work with this song playing in the background. But still despite the cowboy hats, which I hate about 90 percent of the time, I find it appealing. Guess it must be the nineties nostalgia in my head.



Versus- Christopher Kane has done me proud with this collection. It's the perfect mixture of "his look" and a young Versace look.

All images via style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...