Saturday 20 February 2010

Fall 2010 Ready To Wear Part 4

If you haven't already become sick to death with my runway posts, I salute you. I think I'll try and pare down the number of posts for Paris, Milan and London Fashion Week because I know this is becoming a bit repetitive. But knowing my inner fashion/runway enthusiast, I can't guarantee anything...

Badgley Mischka- This was a combination of the main label's collection and that of its lower priced line, Mark & James. Fabulous evening wear, and cool but nothing special regular pieces in my opinion.

Reem Acra- I especially like the Monet watercolour inspired and "liquid gold" dresses



Derek Lam- cowboy inspired pieces. Meh.

Elie Tahari- a younger version of Michael Kors, me thinks. Really like the tied belts.


Marc by Marc Jacobs- patchwork fabrics and cute young dresses.


3.1 Phillip Lim- cozy looking shearling jackets and easy cool nighttime pieces.


Calvin Klein - a bit of a snoozefest if you ask me, but the CK aesthetic isn't that flashy anyway so props to Francisco Costa for staying true to the label's look.


Paris 68- hip, young and making me contemplate a floor length parka




J. Mendel- if you are anti-fur you will hate this designer (and everyone is entitled to their own opinion on the fur matter I believe), but I really like how he makes it look easy to wear yet not boring.

Oscar de la Renta- Mr. Renta does beautiful evening- and daywear for the slightly conservative glamour girl.

Proenza Schouler- the grown up sexy schoolgirl look. I love this duo's work ever since the last collection.

Max Azria- cream, black, grey and whites in asymmetrical looks.

Narcisco Rodriguez- Mr. Minimal does nice shoulder work.

Rodarte- The weird thing is that I didn't like this collection at all the first time I saw it. But yet I was pulling every second look out of the runway slideshow. I guess I am just really impressed how the duo worked their "Mexican town/sleepwalking" inspiration into such dreamy pieces (and the finale dresses are amazing). I think you definitely have to have a closer look at these garments to see all the deets, as especially on white/cream pieces they tend to get overlooked.

The Row- easy to wear pieces screaming for a lot of rings and bling a la les Olsens. I think the models were very thankful for being able to wear flat shoes.

Marchesa- what can I say? Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig make the ultimate dream dresses.

Threeasfour- to finish off the NY shows, a bit of good old alterna craziness.

All images via style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...