Monday 15 February 2010

Fall 2010 Ready To Wear

Expect more F/W 2010 RTW post, folks. I am in the process of looking through the shows so far and while the death of the great McQueen does still cast a bit of melancholy onto the shows, there are still some nice collections out there, although New York is tagged as the "safest" Fashion Week of all. I have to say I haven't seen anything mind-blowing yet, but Balenciaga, Lanvin and Proenza Schouler are still to come (I am really anticipating to see how PS is going to o a follow up to their super cool scuba diving neon coloured collection).

Preen-love the cocoon coats and sexy cutouts as well as the bandeau bra tops. Underwear as outerwear is definitely making its mark.


Helmut Lang- minimalism at its best. Easy to wear, cool pieces.


Ohne Titel- the dresses remind me a bit of Rodarte draping wise. An "okay" collection, but nothing that makes me squeal.


Gary Graham- I have never heard of this label before, but I like what I see. Drape-y baggy goodness. And yes i haven't moved on to a new silhouette yet, which means I shall be stuck in a 2008 mood for a while.


Peter Som- when I first saw this I though "what a clashing mix of colours and prints, and not in a good way". But som-how (get it? I'm not expecting anyone besides myself to find that funny but oh well) it works.




All images via style.com

4 comments:

  1. thank you for the update on the shows. style.com is a little overwhelming to me sometimes. i fnd it nicer to come to blogs such as yours to get little peeks. i do like what i see with gary graham's collection and i like som as well. and haha! i get the pun there! (=;

    xxx
    t

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. i don't know if you realised it, but you just gave me one of the best compliments you could possibly make :)
    and glad that I could make you laugh hehe

    -Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE OHNE TITEL


    XX
    /// FASHIONPICS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand you when you saw that you have not seen yet things mind-blowing but there is a lot a shows to come and there is a lot of interesting pieces (Helmut Lang, Alexander Wang, Ohne Titel)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...