Wednesday 17 February 2010

Yohji, Rei And Junya


All it took was this photo by Nick Knight of a Yohji Yamamoto piece to be shown during a lecture on nineties fashion and I was in love. I have become increasingly interested in the likes of Yohji, Rei Kawakubo (Comme des Garcons) and Junya Watanabe.
To me, saying a big "Fuck You" to the sexy bodycon clothes of the eighties by means of oversized layers has its charm. Some days I don't feel like wearing short skirts or tight clothes, but that doesn't mean I have to resort to Uggs and jeggings (shudders).
And the concept that you can look sexy by not showing skin/leaving a little bit to the imagination is one that I like. Yeah, we all love dolling ourselves up and sometimes you do want dress sexy, but I say dare to be different.

Here's the Fall 2010 collection by Yohji Yamamoto's sporty label, Y-3:



All images via style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...