Thursday 28 January 2010

The Couture Roundup: Part Three

Valentino, Jean Paul Gaultier and Elie Saab.
(God I wish I always had the time to round up Fashion Weeks like this. It's Assessment Week at uni so I have loads of free time on my hands at the moment.)

I was really surprised when I saw the outfits at Valentino: they were not at all what I had expected from the label. The clothes seem almost too edgy for Valentino and the bright neon dresses are something I would rather expect from Versace. What do you think?

















Off to the "enfant terrible" Mr. Gaultier: his designs were once again over the top and crazy (but he seems so cute and dope-y, anyone would forgive him for that), this time inspired by ethnic tribes, with feather, leather and pops of red or turquoise. I adore all the body bling that is in this collection.



















And now to my super girly fantasy: Elie Saab. I had to restrain myself from posting every single nude, pastel piece here. All the soft colours, embroidery, tulle, chiffon, silk, etc. Two thumbs up, y'all!



















All images via style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...